How To Buy A Diaper Bag
Which Diaper Bag Is Right For You?
When you think about it, choosing the right diaper bag is one of the most important purchasing decisions you’ll make as a young parent. After all, you’ll rely on this bag every single day for the next few years!
A smart diaper bag keeps you organized and well prepared. It allows you to find what you need in a hurry. It makes outings with baby less stressful and more enjoyable.
When selecting a diaper bag, first consider your life style. Do you like to travel light, or pack for every possible situation? Are you most comfortable with a strap over your shoulder, or a hands-free backpack? Do you plan to carry a purse as well? Needless to say, your diaper bag should be an extension of your own personal style!
Not all bags are created equal—but how can you spot a winner? We posed this question to our buyers, product development team and Parent’s Panel members—and here’s what they told us:
Features to Look for:
- Quality construction. Look for sturdy fabrics, strong seams and padded shoulder straps/carry handles.
- A smart design, with multiple compartments that keep items organized and easy to find.
- Two-way zippers, for quick access to contents.
- A self-standing base, so the bag won’t tip over.
- Side pockets for holding bottles (preferably insulated).
- Outside zippered pockets for keys and other small essentials.
- A high-visibility lining that makes it easy to see what’s inside.
- Snap hooks to hold baby’s pacifier or toy.
- Made of easy to clean materials, inside and out.
- A classic, stylish look. A great-looking bag should be able to live on as a travel tote, beach or gym bag long after your diaper days are over!
View More Articles: