Simple Sun Protection Tips For Parents
Don’t Let A Sunburn Ruin Your Day
You know the dangers of UV exposure, especially for kids. The good news is, practicing good sun safety is really a matter of taking some simple precautions.
Eventually, these will become second nature for your family. And in the meantime, you’ll teach your child good sun protection habits that will last a lifetime.
Easy Sun Protection Tips
- Limit sun exposure between 10am-4 pm, which is when UV rays are at their strongest. (Did you know that some backyard play equipment has built-in UPF protection, like our Sun SmartiesTM sandbox with canopy and kids picnic table with umbrella?)
- Keep babies under six months old out of direct sunlight. A sun-blocking pop up cabana lets you bring the shade with you.
- Use the right sunscreen. Choose specific baby sunscreen or sunscreen for kids with an SPF of 15 or higher. Look for broad spectrum protection that shields both UVA and UVB rays.
- Don’t let your guard down on cloudy days. Contrary to myth, UV rays can penetrate clouds.
- Choose serious kids sunglasses with at least 99% UV protection.
- Dress kids in sunhats or caps with brims that shield little faces.
- Set a good example; protect your own skin, too. Your child will follow your lead.
- Cover up! The Skin Cancer Foundation recommends wearing UV clothing for maximum protection, and that’s what our Sun SmartiesTM clothing is all about.
Sun Smarties baby and kids clothing and gear is UPF 50+, the highest level of protection available.
How Sun SmartiesTM Can Help
We developed our Sun SmartiesTM baby and kids’ clothing and gear to make sun protection easier for parents. We’ve found that it isn’t always easy to find kids sun protection apparel, and some of what’s out there isn’t as cute, comfortable or well-made as it should be.
View More Articles: