Make Your Child’s World a Safer Place
Accidents happen in the wink of an eye. And once they do, they can’t be undone. That’s why practicing vigilant child safety is so important, and why we’re admittedly obsessed with safety topics.
The alarming fact is, preventable injuries are the #1 cause of death in kids in the U.S. Every year, 9,000 families lose a child to a preventable injury and another nine million kids wind up in the ER. However, the key word here is preventable. By child proofing, building sound safety habits, and teaching your child basic safety rules, you can greatly reduce the risks.
Kids are natural explorers. Sometimes they do breathtakingly dangerous things, like climbing a bookcase. Sometimes, they’re exposed to outside hazards, like insidious UV rays. And sometimes, bad things inexplicably happen. As parents, the best we can do is to anticipate what could happen and put safeguards in place before they do.
Do you know where most accidents happen? In the home. That’s why thorough child proofing is so essential. Even if you’ve already safety proofed your home, baby gates and all, please take a minute to read our nursery safety and child proofing guides, not to mention our tips for safe travel and outings.
Because if you come away with just one new strategy for keeping your child safe, isn’t that well worth your time?
Read our Safety Articles below:
- How To Baby Proof Your Bathroom »
- How To Baby Proof Your House »
- How To Baby Proof Your Kitchen »
- How To Child Proof Your Swing Set »
- How To Choose The Best Baby Gate »
- Crib Safety: Expert Advice For Keeping Baby Safe »
- Kids And Fire Safety: Key Fire Prevention Tips »
- Outdoor Safety For Kids? It Starts In Your Own Backyard »
- Pool Safety: 13 Steps To A Safer Backyard Pool »
- How To Teach Kids Basic Fire Safety »
- Ah-Choo! Baby Cold Treatments And Remedies »
- Bug Smarties™ Playwear Insect Shield® Technology Repels Mosquitoes, Ticks & More »
- How To Care For Children’s Feet »
- Cozy Cub® Technical Outerwear Designed for Performance, Comfort & Fun »
- SID’s Information Every Parent Should Know »
- Halloween Safety: 13 Tips For Trick-Or-Treat »
- Halloween Safety: How To Safety-Proof Your Child’s Costume »
- How To Choose A Play Yard Or Playpen »
- How To Keep Kids From Getting Lost »
- Simple Sun Protection Tips For Parents »
- Six Fast Sun Facts For Kids »
- Sun Smarties™ UPF 50+ Clothing, Beach Gear, Outdoor Furniture, & Play Equipment »
- UV, UPF, And SPF…. What’s The Diff? »
- Amusement And Water Park Safety Tips »
- How To Baby Proof A Hotel Room In 30 Minutes »
- How To Buy The Best Booster Seat For Your Child »
- How To Buy The Best Car Seat For Your Toddler »
- How To Buy The Best Infant Car Seat For Your Baby »
- Top 10 Travel Safety Tips For Parents »
Fact: Sun Exposure is Dangerous Beyond sunburn, the sun’s UVA and UVB rays have been linked to skin cancer. They can also cause eye damage,…
There is no safer place for kids than in their own yard, right? Wrong! The average property contains many hidden hazards. Read our safety tips,…